The winds of change are blowing and many are not ready.
It’s that time of the year again. Most of us are familiar with the notices that urge us to become hurricane ready yet many of us fail to take heed to these warnings until it is too late. With the current trend of powerful hurricanes over the last few years, we at BCIC have prepared a checklist for you to becoming hurricane ready this season.
Before the storm
- Stock up on non perishable items and drinking water
- Ensure you have a first aid kit
- Purchase a battery operated radio
- Invest in backup power supplies
- Store important documents carefully
- Make note of hurricane shelters
During the storm
- Pay due attention to weather updates
- Stay indoors
- Stay away from windows and glass doors
After the storm
- Wait for the all clear
- Stay up to date with updates
- Access the damage
As you safeguard yourself and those you love this hurricane season be sure to safeguard your valuables. Check out BCIC’s home and auto insurance packages to ensure you are fully prepared this hurricane season.